If you have hardwood flooring in your home, chances are you’re madly in love with their timeless beauty and elegant aesthetic. However, if you have a home with kids, dogs, or just messy people, your hardwood flooring can truly be taking a beating.
Hardwood flooring is undeniably easy to care for, but it does come with some special cleaning recommendations in order to maintain their beautiful integrity and natural beauty. Here are few very helpful tips that will help you keep your hardwood floors looking like a million bucks.
- If using a broom on your wood floors, be sure to only use a soft bristles as not to scratch the wood.
- Use carpet runners or area rugs in areas that receive a lot of foot traffic. This will also help trap excess dirt and moisture from posing a risk to your wood floors.
- Immediately clean up any spills with an absorbent towel or cloth. Water is biggest enemy to hardwood flooring, and fast action will help ensure water doesn’t cause any damage.
- If you choose to vacuum your hardwood flooring, be sure to use the attachable wand only. Vacuuming does come with a risk of scratching your hardwood floor, so use extreme caution and care.
- If your hardwood flooring has a polyurethane coating, it is okay to use a damp mop for cleaning.
With proper care and careful cleaning, your hardwood flooring will last a lifetime and beyond. Preserve the beauty of your floors today with these helpful cleaning tips.